Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Underworld Unrated...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Man I love that movie. I know it didn't get much in the way of good reviews but to me it's a hidden gem on par with Equilibrium.

    I just got the Unrated Special Edition on DVD... mmmmmmm... Kate Beckinsal... short hair... black leather... oooooooooooooooooo...

    Man I wish they had made decent figs of that flick.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    never saw the flick, but I like the toys.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Check it out if you like gritty visuals and a story about Vampires vs Werewolves with a Romeo/Juliet undertone.

  4. #4
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    Yep - the unrated was better and worth a watch - I just hated they released it in Superbit after I bought the UR version after selling the reg release. [img]frown.gif[/img]


    What scared the hell out of me in it wasn't anything really to do with the movie - in the special features, the actor the played Raze (Werewolf, huge black guy) - he talks like that in real life!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...that dude has the coolest damn voice ever. He also is one of the main writers.

    I love this flick. Lost count of the number of times I have watched it. I think I slightly prefer the unrated version, but either way--I loved it, period. Can't wait to see the sequel. Might even actually go to a theatre just to see it...which is really a testament to how much I like it...

    That being said...the one thing that really grates on me in the film is Shane Brolly (Kraven). Jayzuz, that guy seems to think that looking eternally constipated and gesticulating wildly equates to acting. Thank the gods the other actors are strong enow to overcome his scenery-chewing.

    Kate is incredibly hot in so many ways...hot, delicate-looking English chicks in rubber gear with guns...I am pretty sure that is fetish...

    Michael Sheen (Lucian) is my hero. Well, he would be if I actually looked up to anyone.

    Everyone should pick up the soundtrack...its really great as well.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by -megalithanod:
    What scared the hell out of me in it wasn't anything really to do with the movie - in the special features, the actor the played Raze (Werewolf, huge black guy) - he talks like that in real life!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES! Is that freaky or what?! And didn't it say he's got a degree in something like Microbiology? He also co-wrote the film. Interesting man indeed!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Iron-Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2005
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Really? Wild... I never saw the original, but always wanted to. I'll definitely have to check it out now.

    Thanks for the heads-up!

    Matt
    aka Iron-Cow

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SlappyMcNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    never saw the flick, but I like the toys.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe you are the first person I've ever seen say that....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Thew's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    2,347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    one o fmy favortie movies

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Hey Peeks... I just found out that Mezco made the Underworld figs.

    I've only seen pics and they don't look that great. Any chance they look as good as the Hellboy Movie series figs in person? Are they in scale with the Hellboy figs?

    I'm curious now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •